Authorised access to add, enquire, delete or amend all principle information within the system is achieved via DataBase Manager. Data entry forms are designed to be secure, fast, flexible and efficient, with helpful prompts to aid the occasional system user.
The product database can be designed by the user to meet the organisational needs of the business environment, thereby enabling meaningful information to be retrieved to monitor company performance. To assist in configuring the database and reporting information quickly, a user defined product classification system can be employed. Up to 24 levels are permitted within the classification system for a single company. The classification system provides 6 levels to define a business structure such as department and group; 12 levels to define the unique characteristics of the product such as style, colour, size and a further 6 levels to cover additional information such as Season, fabric, or country of origin.
Where multiple companies exist within the organisation, then different product classifications can be synchronised enabling reports to be produced based upon common characteristics. The number of levels used within the classification can be determined by the user, thereby enabling a simple or complex product database to be created. This level of classification allows the ability to monitor stock valuation, sales performance etc. within very flexible, user defined categories.
- Opus Retail Manager can contain unlimited classification systems.
- Opus Retail Manager can be installed using the Classification Wizards to aid in the initial set-up, for example, countries, colours, sizes, weights etc.
- DataBase Manager offers a wide variety of screen based information to aid in management decision making.
- Information such as, sales history on any product, or sales assistant performance is available at all times.
- DataBase Manager holds all current files on disk. The disk can either be an integral component of the computer being used to run the OPUS RETAIL MANAGER software, or files can be held on a File Server attached to the user’s computer or terminal, via a Local Area Network.
- At a Head Office system, data for all locations is available.
- An important component of DataBase Manager is Product manager, which is designed to help users manage their products efficiently, quickly identifying any which might need further investigation. From here products can be quickly added or found and edited or a record copied. Users can easily print product labels from within Product Manager.
- Products can be found easily by filtering by any combination of classification, Product code, Product Description, Barcode, Supplier or Manufacturer. It is possible to view up to 50 fields, all definable by login i.e. you can save your view and that is what you see next time you log in. Information can be sorted by simply clicking on the column.
- Customer accounts can be set up with authorised credit limits and the account balances monitored.